Cervus is a small defence and security company, that thinks big.
We provide the frontline with competitive advantage through an accelerated, data-driven approach to innovation and change.
We are currently pursuing an array of innovative data science derived initiatives, and we now need to accelerate the development of our data capture and analysis enterprise. This means finding new talent to reinforce our dynamic technical development team.
Check out the rest of our website to see what we have been up to over the last 5 years
We need people whose horizons are not limited by the obvious constraints.
As a key member of the management team you will be able to influence the direction of the engineering function. This includes identification and implementation of your own ideas and ways of solving problems to meet our customer’s needs. We strongly believe that no idea is a bad idea and welcome individuals that are willing to work hard and take risks to deliver innovative approaches to support the business.
If you haven’t guessed by now, we are seeking ‘free-range’ thinkers.
Your main responsibilities will include: managing all our installed systems and infrastructure; installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools; participating in the design of information and operational support systems; and liaison with vendors and customer IT personnel for problem resolution. You will be accountable to the Chief Technology Officer.
You will need to have a BSc/MSc degree in a related subject and an ability to take complex problems and articulate software solutions that meet the customer need. You will need to demonstrate your understanding of cloud-based solutions and your experience with design software solutions from concept through to execution. You will require experience in the implementation of databases and show a competency in common software languages and solid networking knowledge. We also require someone who has experience in leading engineering teams. Finally, you will require the ability to converse with customers and partners and provide complex information in accurate spoken and written English.
We are also looking for people who have:
• A proven experience of working in the Defence and Security Sector
• A proven experience of working with simulation, gaming and/or data analytics
• Experience in taking products to market
Key Job Outcomes:
- Lead the System and Simulation Engineering team.
- Act as a key individual in supporting the growth of the engineering function.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Be responsible for the delivery of software components as part of project delivery.
- Horizon scan for new approaches in support of project delivery
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Salary: £53-58K dependent on experience
Application close date: 19 Jul 2019
Location: Central Wiltshire
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a pension scheme and access to the Company Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, personal and family Health Care, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts.