From small but highly promising beginnings, our business plan has taken root and is now producing significant growth in the UK and overseas and we want to bring additional expertise to bear.
We seek an experienced personable team player to support our operations function to continue to allow us to deliver our technology and expertise for more top-quality clients.
Please note that this is initially a 14-month fixed term contract with an intent for the successful candidate to subsequently promote into a full time Project Lead role.
What we Need:
- We need to find the right person to act as the coal face delivery link with our Pan-Defence and wider Government customers This person must be able to clearly articulate the implications of data driven insights and potential for consequential better decisions.
- You will need to be able to take on any challenge and deal independently with the trickiest of problems. We also need someone who will embrace and work well within our company culture and embrace our drive to make a difference to the Front-Line Operator.
- Working closely with the Operations Director and the Technical team, you will be delivering our analytics products and services into an array of UK and international clients. You will be encouraged to bring your own ideas to bear on the challenges we face manifesting our vision for analytics and performance. You will make a significant enhancement to our ability to learn from our front line customers, and enhance our ability to distil their needs into requirements we can act on.
- You will initially be supporting project-based delivery activities, and required to understudy experienced Project Leads during the design and delivery of data capture events and analysis (i.e. experiments, wargames, structured interviews, literature/historical research) and support reporting and briefing of insights.
- You will rapidly transition to leading small teams delivering discrete projects, whilst continuing to support and complement the activity of larger projects and teams.
- You will contribute to project design phases, through your experienced approach to problem solving.
- You will manage and lead small teams in project delivery, integrating the contributions of analysts from a wide array of disciplines (combat, human performance, statistical etc), as well as data and software engineers. You will contribute directly and hands on through your own high-level analytical skills, and through high level written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills with demonstrated ability to lead and work in cross-functional teams.
- Project Management experience
- Self-motivated and able to operate with minimal guidance
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and ability to brief at the highest levels of company and customer organizations
- An innovative thinker, capable of independent thought and working
- Lead small and large teams to meet objectives
- Ability to synthesize a broad range of information to drive approach/solutions
- Relevant military experience, ideally including Joint Planning and Execution experience
- Demonstration of some of the following experiences:
- Defence related Operational Analysis
- Working within a Combat Arm and Combined Arms setting
- Working within a Military Headquarters
- Working with key Allies
- Individual or Collective Training delivery or requirements management
- Working with Wargames or other Simulation.
Salary and Contract:
£45-55K depending on experience 14-month fixed term
Porton Science Park, Wiltshire with occasional international travel.
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme and access to the Company Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, personal and family Health Care, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts.
Closing Date for Applications:
Wednesday 22nd July 2020