From small but highly promising beginnings, our business plan has taken root and is now producing significant growth in the UK and overseas. We want to bring additional expertise to bear that will complement our culture and values and will support our continued growth. We seek an experienced, personable team player to support our operations function to continue to allow us to deliver our technology and expertise for more top-quality clients.
Please note that this is initially a 12-month fixed term contract with an intent for the successful candidate to subsequently promote into a full time Product Manager role.
What we need them to do:
We need to find the right person to act as the coal face delivery link with our Pan-Defence and Government customers. This person must be able represent our company culture and values and be able to clearly articulate the implications of data driven insights and potential for consequential better decisions.
You will need to be able to take on any challenge and deal independently with the trickiest of problems. We also need someone who will embrace and work well within our company culture and embrace our drive to make a difference to the Front-Line Operator.
Working closely with the Operations Director and the Technical team, you will be delivering our data capture and analytics products and services into an array of UK and international clients. You will be encouraged to bring your own ideas to bear on the challenges we face manifesting our vision for data capture and analytics and performance. You will make a significant enhancement to our ability to learn from our front-line customers and enhance our ability to distil their needs into requirements we can act on.
You will initially be supporting project-based delivery activities, and required to understudy experienced Project Leads during the design and delivery of data capture events and analysis (i.e. live fire tactical training, warfighting experiments, structured interviews, literature/historical research) and support reporting and briefing of insights. It is anticipated that you will rapidly transition to leading small teams delivering discrete projects, whilst continuing to support and complement the activity of larger projects and teams. You will contribute to project and product design phases, through your experienced approach to problem solving. In project delivery you will be responsible for integrating the contributions of analysts from a wide array of disciplines (combat, human performance, statistics etc), as well as data and software engineers to ensure that solutions and outputs remain customer focussed. You will contribute directly and hands on through your own high-level analytical skills, and through high level written and verbal communication skills.
Key Skills for our candidates:
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills with demonstrated ability to lead and work in cross-functional teams.
- Project Management experience
- Self-motivated and able to operate with minimal guidance
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and ability to brief at the highest levels of company and customer organisations
- An innovative thinker, capable of independent thought and working
- Lead small and large teams to meet objectives
- Ability to synthesize a broad range of information to drive approach/solutions
- Relevant military experience, ideally including Dismounted Close Combat Lethality trials, test, research, experimentation and training delivery, especially in Live Fire Tactical Training.
- Demonstration of some of the following experiences:
- Royal Marine Platoon Weapons Instructor or equivalent
- Defence related Trials, Test, and Operational Analysis, specifically in the lethality specialisation
- Working within a Combat Arm and Combined Arms setting
- Working with key Allies
- Individual or Collective Training delivery
£45,000 – £55,000 dependent on experience
Porton Science Park, Wiltshire with occasional international travel. Flexible working arrangements and working from home is fully supported.
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme and access to the Company Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, personal and family Health Care, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts.
For further details and discussion: Applications to be returned by Sunday 8th November and to be sent to Info@cervusdefence.com or alternatively, follow the steps below: